Patrik Diethelm 2010/2011

Les protos et les nouveaux millésimes
Olivier44

Patrik Diethelm 2010/2011

Message par Olivier44 »

Patrik Diethelm boards : http://www.windsurfonline.fr/components ... hp?id1=440

"Team rider et shaper de la marque F2 depuis plusieurs années, le contrat reliant la marque à Patrik Diethelm a pris fin le 30 septembre dernier.
Le windsurf étant sa passion depuis plus de 20 ans et ayant réfléchis au futur, Patrik et sa compagne Karin Jaggi ont décidé de créer leur propre marque de planche. Après avoir cherché Le nom, ils ont décidé de rester dans la simplicité et de donner à leur nouvelle aventure le nom du shapeur : Patrik Diethelm. Patrik s'occupera de la partie Shape pendant que Karin travaillera du côté du marketing."

Le site à venir : http://www.patrikdiethelm.com/main/index.html
Olivier44

Re: Patrik Diethelm 2010

Message par Olivier44 »

http://www.continentseven.com/2009/10/0 ... oardbrand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Patrik Diethelm and Karin Jaggi announce their own brand “patrik diethelm”.

“A few months ago we sent you the information that our F2 working contracts were terminated. During this competition season we still raced on F2 boards and tried to achieve the best results and maximum media coverage.

Yesterday, 30th September 2009, our team rider contract ended and we made the decision to definitely separate from F2. F2 was a major part of our lives. We had a great time, made many friends and feel privileged to have lived through the ups and downs together.

Windsurfing has been our life for more than 20 years. Today our passion and addiction for our favourite sport is bigger than ever. To be able to keep living our dream and sharing our passion we made a big step. „Time and tide wait for no man“.

We are thrilled to be able to announce the launch of our own brand “patrik diethelm”. After thinking many months about the perfect brand name we decided to simply name it who we are.“

Patrik: “Karin Jaggi on her side is a woman windsurf legend. With a university degree in marketing and economics she will be the backbone of our business. She will surprise you with innovative, out of the box marketing elements and strategies and keep you updated on the “patrik diethelm” adventures on the seven seas.” “Our two-man-show is looking forward to a challenging and exciting future and hope that we can continue to live, push and develop the fun and extreme sports further. See you on the water!”

Karin & Patrik"

Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

Comment by patrik diethelm / continentseven
3. October, 2009 18:39

Hi Everybody,

just sitting here in the surfers launge in Sylt and reading the comments on the forum.

Just to give a quick update what is happening here on Sylt:
It is super windy and raining and Alex Mussolini just won the waves. Class Voget in second had an absolutely great performance all afternoon. In third is Josh Angulo with some bad luck having chosen a too big sail in this strong conditions.

On the comments on the forum, I would like to give some explanation about the graphic. Actually it should be mentioned that the boards on the pictures are custom boards with graphic colour samples – I am sorry for this misunderstanding.

I had the boards in the van for testing but everyone asked me to show them and so I put them on the beach to get the first breath on our new born brand.

The choice of the name „patrik diethelm“ is simply as I want to stand up for the product quality on the todays market. An other brand name would just be a name where people can hide behind.

The graphic samples you see on the picture are test boards. I am testing to not use any spray colour and mix pigment direct in the resin and laminate the fibre. The available pigment for the resin we had were basic colours green, yellow, orange, red, ect. With this concept we can save up to 300g paint and less working hours which is just great. Sure we now need to test the lamination strength and looks.
At the moment we are also testing some different pinlines, example in chrome like on the green custom freestyle board or some reflective lines which are shining against the light on the yellow fish wave board. Some updated pictures I will send tomorrow where you can see the effect against the light.

In general our basic graphic idea is to keep them simple as possible and the pin lines will be our brand identification. Over the years we experienced that graphic styles are coming and going and every year graphics are changing and most the times without changing the shape. If someone spends 1500.-€ on a board and a couple months later there is a complete new graphic, I believe the customer is not very happy to show up with an „old“ board. We are trying to keep our style over the years and keep the resale value up.

By the way, the nice graphics on the 2010 F2 Range was my breefing to the designer Günther Bart from Custom Sports last September 2008. You see that it always depends on the situation and the needs of a brand and sure for F2 it was the right way to do. For our brand I decided to keep it simple and clean. Who knows, maybe one day we will come up with a pimp crazy youngster line…- all possible…!

For now in final production is only the Formula board as I had to have 10 boards ready for the registration on 30.September.
Our next step is to have 3 Slalom boards to be able to take part on PWA and ISAF competitions next year.

All other board types will be developed during the winter to have a clean range ready for next year.

Hope you got a little closer idea on what we are up to and don’t forget that it is all about “having fun”!

Cheers,

Patrik
Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

Des photos complémentaires en provenance de Patrik Diethelm / F127 sur les protos en cours.
Les planches sont en test et la gamme finale devrait changer.

Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

L'interview de Karin Jaggi sur WSJ :arrow: http://www.windsurfjournal.com/frontblo ... ANGUAGES=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WJ : Comment sera composée la gamme de flotteurs Patrik Diethelm ?
KJ : Notre but est de proposer une gamme vraiment complète à partir de 2011 mais dès le printemps 2010 les premiers produits feront leur apparition. En vagues, la gamme sera séparée en deux, d’un côté 4 modèles classiques en single, de l’autre 3 shapes modernes un peu dans l’esprit fish… Une gamme freestyle/wave verra également le jour avec 4 tailles. En freestyle, deux planches seront disponibles en 99 et 107 litres. Bien sûr, le gros du développement a été pour la gamme de slalom dont le développement s’appuie sur notre expérience sur le circuit PWA qui autorise seulement 3 planches à utiliser. Dans ce sens, nous proposons donc 3 modèles, une 87 litres (237 cm x 57 cm), une 110 litres (235 cm x 68 cm) et une 135 litres (228 cm x 83 cm). Et nous avons enfin un modèle pour la Formula Windsurfing qui vient d’être enregistré par l’ISAF pour les nouvelles planches de la classe… Pour les gens que cela intéresse, nous proposerons aussi une production propre de customs…

WJ : Allez-vous travailler avec l’usine Cobra en Thaïlande ou allez-vous chercher une autre alternative pour la production ?
KJ : Patrik Diethelm a travaillé avec Cobra ses 8 dernières années et il est persuadé que c’est la meilleure usine de production à travers le monde. Nous sommes très heureux qu’ils nous aient acceptés comme client. Patrik a passé du temps sur place pour F2 et il connait bien l’usine, cette connaissance est un vrai gage de qualité pour nos flotteurs.

Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

Patrik Diethelm Overview 2010/11 :

WAVE SINGLE
Wave One 68 : 228 x 52.5, 68 litres, carbon/kevlar, us box, 3 straps, Avril 2010
Wave One 76 : 231 x 55.5, 76 litres, carbon/kevlar, us box, 3 straps, Avril 2010
Wave One 83 : 235 x 58.5, 83 litres, carbon/kevlar, us box, 3 straps, Avril 2010

WAVE FISH
Wave Fish 70 : 222 x 54, 70 litres, carbon/kevlar, us box fin, 3 straps, Septembre 2010
Wave Fish 78 : 222 x 56, 78 litres, carbon/kevlar, us box fin, 3 straps, Septembre 2010
Wave Fish 85 : 222 x 58, 85 litres, carbon/kevlar, us box fin, 3 straps, Septembre 2010

FREESTYLE WAVE
Freestyle Wave 087 : 235 x 59, 087 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 3 straps, Septembre 2010
Freestyle Wave 092 : 235 x 61, 092 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 3 straps, Septembre 2010
Freestyle Wave 098 : 235 x 63, 098 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freestyle Wave 104 : 235 x 65, 104 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010

FREESTYLE
Freestyle 099 : 228 x 63, 099 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 3 straps, Avril 2010
Freestyle 107 : 230 x 68, 107 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 3 straps, Avril 2010

FREERIDE
Freeride 105 : 245 x 62, 105 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freeride 115 : 245 x 64, 115 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freeride 125 : 250 x 67, 125 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freeride 135 : 255 x 71, 135 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freeride 145 : 255 x 76, 145 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freeride 155 : 255 x 80, 155 litres, carbon/kevlar, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010

FREERACE
Freerace 116 : 240 x 69, 116 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freerace 126 : 240 x 74, 126 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Freerace 136 : 240 x 79, 136 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010

SLALOM
Slalom 087 : 237 x 57, 087 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Février 2010
Slalom 100 : 235 x 64, 100 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Slalom 110 : 233 x 68, 110 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Février 2010
Slalom 120 : 230 x 77, 120 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Slalom 135 : 228 x 83, 135 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Février 2010

FORMULA
Formula : 228 x 100, 162 litres, biax-carbon, tuttlebox, 4 straps, Février 2010

SPEED
Speed 43 : 223 43, 55 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Speed 49 : 236 49, 65 litres, biax-carbon, tuttebox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010

ENTRY
Entry 170 : 275 x 78, 170 litres, es-softdeck, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010
Entry 220 : 275 x 88, 220 litres, es-softdeck, powerbox, 4 straps, Septembre 2010

CUSTOM
Custom € 1.999
Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

La Formula (source Peppone) :

Image Image

Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

L'interview de Karin Jaggi sur Continentseven :

Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

Un nouveau logo sur le site en construction : http://www.patrikdiethelm.com

Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

Quelques photos en provenance du Boot de Düsseldorf :

Photos wind-and-Waves.at via continentseven.com
Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

L'interview de Patrik Diethelm suite à sa seconde place dans la Lancelin Ocean Classic où il était équipé d'une “Patrik Slalom 135” (83cm de large) , un aileron de 42 et d'une Warp 9.0 : http://www.localsailing.nl//index.php/n ... k-Diethelm

Photos Lancelin Ocean Classic
Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

Une interview de Dany Bruch à propos de son choix des planches Patrik Diethelm et la présentation du "Trailer Fin" :

:arrow: http://tenerife.otc-windsurf.com/news.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Straightaway, he introduced me to his new concept - the "Trailer Fin". It is basically a twin fin, with the two fins positioned further forward and wider apart, so that you can turn super vertical, rotating directly with your back foot over the fin. As the fins are so forward, to avoid spinout and to keep the board tracking he is using an extra little single fin (hence the “Trailer Fin” name) behind the twinser. I tried it at Margies and it's amazing! It is the most versatile board I've ever used and with the fins I can trim the board for every condition. I use the straight twinser set up on smaller days in short pocket waves. When it becomes bigger I put the trailer fin in and adjust the position to have the perfect grip for fast carving bottom turns. In onshore conditions and for pure jumping I can use the board as a normal single fin. It could even be used as a “thruster” board with two little fins in the front, but I havent tested that yet..."

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
peppone

Message par peppone »

Mon petit doigt m'a dit que ces jolis fins avaient un fort accent Vaudois et qu'ils marchent du tonnerre!
Heflav

Message par Heflav »

bizarre le tri fin avec l'aileron central plus petit. :-k
Vmax : Windsurf : 37.90 / Wing : 22,9
No parking, no feeerider, :arrow: wing! :mrgreen:
Olivier44

Message par Olivier44 »

L'explication sur le Trailer Fin par Dany Bruch sur Windsurfjournal : http://www.windsurfjournal.com/frontblo ... ANGUAGES=1

"Au départ, il s’agit d’un twin fin avec des ailerons un peu plus avancés que de coutume et un peu plus écartés qu’un twin fin classique. Cela autorise des virages très verticaux avec beaucoup de réaction car l’aileron est carrément sous le pied arrière. Mais pour éviter à la planche de partir en spin out incessant de part la position de ces ailerons, il y a un 3ème petit aileron central qui permet de garder l’accroche et le contrôle. Et c’est donc ce qu’il a appelé le "Trailer Fin" ! J’ai testé cette planche en Australie et en rentrant à Tenerife, je l’ai essayé à nouveau chez moi et ça marche vraiment dans toutes les conditions car on peut faire évoluer la planche. Par exemple, je navigue en version twin fin lors des petites journées avec du vent léger et de petites vagues et lorsque ça devient plus consistant, je place ce 3ème petit aileron pour gagner en accroche en surf. Dans les conditions onshore où j’ai besoin de vitesse, je peux aussi naviguer avec un seul aileron et je peux même monter la planche en version thruster mais je n’ai pas encore essayé dans cette configuration. Une chose est certaine, j’ai essayé beaucoup de planches de vagues dans ma vie et jamais je ne me suis senti aussi bien que sur cette planche !"
Répondre